|O'Sullivan < Callaspo|
|No need to hang your head Alex|
|Gettin 're done !|
Well it all started with meeting Royalman in the parking lot at the K, at which point he said the wind would help the Royals, but I said it'd hurt Chen but didn't get to go into a statistical breakdown on why, before he had to go. Once inside it was obvious that the New K rocks, it's the perfect baseball stadium. I walked around and toured the Hall of Fame before dad convinced me to buy a scorecard and score the game. (Not something I'd planed to do.) And because I was standing in a 10 minute line at the team store I missed opening pitch. It was an amazing
It was the usual casual Sunday crowd, of parents and children, lovers, and the rest.
The aggressive base running, solid fielding and excellent relief pitching (exception being O'Sullivan) though is what made the game so enjoyable.
Now I'll just post some random thoughts:
|Gotta make your own innings 12 and 13 !|
- Matt Trenor's home run was a know doubter, there was no way he was going to put the catching gear on again.
- I believe Bruce Chen deserves another start without all the wind, if he still can't turn it around then it's time to pull him.
- Tim Collins is a beast.
- Jeremy Jeffress reminds me of Ramon Ramirez with more heat.
- Jarrod Dyson is flat out fast
- Billy Butler can flat out hit period.
- 13 innings can wreck havoc on your $2 Royals scorecard which for some reason has the Royals lineup at the top. What's with that ?
- The team store was sold out of media guides. So I didn't buy a $30 hat...
- Garth Brooks is still annoying as can be, "friends in low places" Seriously ? I want friends high up !
- WWE superstar Sheamus urged us to cheer on the Royals in the 10th, bringing the Royals and WWE together.
- Oh and the "Budweiser Thirsty Cam" is kind of disgusting in my personal opinion.
|(And "Greinke" becomes Chen, why couldn't I think of something this cool ?)|